3. 신청기간 및 방법
1) 신청기간: ~ 2020.08.29.(수) 낮 12시 (***반드시 마감기한을 반드시 지켜 주시기 바랍니다.***)
2) 신청방법: (1), (2), (3)을 모두 진행해 주시기 바랍니다.
(2) 코로나로 인하여 이메일 제출만을 받을 예정이오니 반드시 파일 제목에 이름 및 제출 서류명을 적어주시기 바랍니다. 예) "홍길동_논문 증빙서류 A"
* 미비된 서류가 있을 경우 장학생 선발과정에서 불이익이 있으므로 반드시 필요한 지원서류를 모두 제출해주시기 바랍니다.
특히, 성적증명서와 논문투고/게재(예정)증명서, 투고형식을 갖춘 논문이 있으신 분들께서는 반드시 서류제출시 함께 제출해주시기 바랍니다.
(3) 학술대회 참가의무의 서류제출의 경우, 코로나로 인해 이번학기에는 optional 입니다.
(4) 유튜브 강의 동영상 제작의 경우, 이번학기 BK 신청 당시에는 제출하지 않으셔도 되며 필요시, 추후 BK장학생들에 한해 공지할 예정입니다.
4. 기타 안내 및 유의사항
1) 가계곤란자 우선 선발
가계곤란자의 경우, 신청서의 "지원영역"란에 "가계곤란으로 신청 요망"을 표기해 주시고,
(1) 부/모의 소득 증빙자료 각 1부 (부/모 명의 각 1부, 필수)
(2) 부/모의 건강보험료 납부확인서 각 1부
(3) 그 외 기타 가계곤란 증빙서류를 제출해주시기 바랍니다.
* 초과학기생의 경우, 가계곤란 관련 서류를 제출하시면 정규학기생 배정 후 최우선자로 추천됨을 알려드립니다.
(1) 신청 기한을 엄수해 주시기 바랍니다.
[English Dept.] Announcement of 2020-2 BK21 Plus Project Scholarship (~08.19. Wed. 12pm(noon))
Below is the English guideline for applying for the BK 21 Plus Project scholarship.
Brain Korea 21 Plus Project (henceforth BK21+ Project) is a government-funded human resources program in Korea that is designed to enhance graduate students’ education and research. As a graduate student, you can be involved in the BK21+ Project in the following two ways: BK fellowship recipient or participatory student.
1. BK Fellowship Recipient
(1) You must be unemployed, either a full-time MA student in your 1st through 4th semester or a full-time PhD student in your 1st through 8th semester
(2) You must not be a recipient of any other scholarship from the Yonsei Graduate School.
(3) Your GPA in the immediately previous semester must be 3.3 or higher (out of 4.3) without any F(ailing grade) and more than one C+ (or lower) grade from the graduate program.
(4) You cannot teach (as a lecturer) more than 6 credits of university courses (6 hours per week).
(1) Scholarship of about KRW 4,500,000 for MA / about KRW 7,800,000 for PhD / about KRW 6,000,000 for PhD candidate per semester
(2) Various workshops and colloquia for your research and education
(3) Full funding for attending domestic and overseas conferences and educational programs [contingent upon available funding]
** In case you are applying for an overseas conference, be sure to obtain the International Chair’s approval **BEFORE** your application for the conference.
(4) Reimbursement of publication fees and bestowal of cash awards for scholarly achievements
(1) A minimum of one conference presentation per year [MA and PhD students]
1. If you are scheduled to present your research at a conference, you must submit an acceptance letter to the BK office (Oesol Hall #323).
2. If you are currently an MA student in your 3rd semester and applying for the BK scholarship for your 4th semester, you should have two conference presentations completed;
if you are a PhD student applying for your 8th semester scholarship, you should have four conference presentations completed.
(2) Journal publication [PhD students only]
1. 1st-2nd semester: a minimum of one single-authored paper or two co-authored papers published within your first two semesters
2. 3rd-4th semester: a minimum of one co-authored paper per semester or 1 ½ papers (e.g., one single-authored and one co-authored) per year
3. 5th-8th semester: a minimum of one single-authored paper or two co-authored papers per year
If an 8th-semester PhD student fails to publish a paper within the semester, they will receive a partial scholarship, whose amount is equivalent to that of regular GTA scholarship.
4. Failing to meet the above requirement will disqualify you as a candidate for your next semester’s BK fellowship.
(3) Assisting in the assigned professors’ work (3-5 hours per week)
(4) Attending workshops, seminars and colloquia organized by the department
(5) Writing your thesis or dissertation in English and presenting it at the graduation thesis conference held at the end of the semester
(6) Submitting your thesis or dissertation to an academic journal within three months from your graduation [MA students only]
(7) If you present your research at an overseas conference with BK funding, you must submit your work to an academic journal within six months from your presentation date.
(8) If you co-author a paper, all co-authors must fill out, sign, and submit a hard copy of the Statement of Co-Authoring to the BK office, preferably before journal submission.
2. BK Participatory Student
1) Eligibility: (1), (3) and (4) from the eligibility of the BK fellowship recipient
2) Benefits: (2), (3) and (4) from the benefits of the BK fellowship recipient
3) Responsibilities: (7) and (8) from the responsibilities of the BK fellowship recipient
Alternatively, you can choose to apply for the non-BK student scholarship.
3. Non-BK Student
(1) Students who do not apply for the BK fellowship or the participatory scholarship
(2) Non-recipient of any other scholarship from the Graduate School [Ask the head TA if you wish to apply]
2) Benefits: Scholarship of KRW 1,500,000 - 2,000,000 per semester
3) Responsibilities: GTA work of 4-6 hours per week
4. How to Apply
* Application Period: ~ 2020. 08. 19 (Wed) 12pm (noon). (Please submit your application on time)
2) Due to the COVID-19, you do not have to submit your application forms to the English department office. I will only accept applications via email.
* Please submit all the necessary documents as there is a disadvantage with insufficient documents.
Especially, if you have a Journal publication certificate, please submit with your application form.
3) Due to the COVID-19, required documents for the conference duty is optional for this semester.
4) About Youtube video, you don't have to create one for now so, you don't have to submit it for now. There will further notice about the Youtube video to the BK recipients.
5. Additional Notes
1) A record of your attendance of department workshops, seminars or colloquium from the previous semester may be considered during the fellowship/scholarship evaluation/selection process.
2) You must contact professors who you are assigned to work for as soon as you are notified of your work assignment.
3) Your performance on your job may affect your fellowship/scholarship for the following semester.
4) Depending on your work assignment, you may work on the Songdo International Campus.